Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Birthday blues...

How do I even begin to explain the way that I feel...

I got my hopes up that we would be traveling to meet our little boy in June.  Miles turns 3 on June 25th and I was praying that we would get to be with him on his birthday.  It was unrealistic to hope for but I Momma can dream, right? We just got word that we will more than likely not travel until August or later. :( Supposedly the Ministry of Justice takes the entire month of August off so if we don't get a travel date prior to August we probably wont travel until late fall. Heavy heart but praying for a travel date before August. I long to meet our son so badly!!

Since we wont be able to love on our little guy on his birthday we sent him a package.  The adoption agency sends a package to Bulgaria every Friday so we packaged up a few things to send to our little man for his big day.  It kills me to know that I wont be able to be with him on his birthday. This will be the last birthday he will ever spend not knowing there is a family that loves him so much!! I have to rejoice in the fact that every birthday from this point forward we will all be together.

One day at a time, one day at a time.... This is the hardest thing I have ever done.  If we could DO something, if we could focus on something but instead we just have to wait.....

Philippians 4:13
I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment