Monday, August 30, 2010

Approved...

We got approved!! Tiffany from AGCI called us on Thursday and told us the good news!! We have to begin filling out our Formal Application and will send it along with $300 to be OFFICIAL! So very very very EXCITED!!!

First off, I wanted to apologize for being behind on my posts. All we were doing was waiting and not a whole lot had been happening, until NOW! Thursday- we got the phone call saying we were accepted. Friday- I called a cooperating AGCI agency in Boise, Idaho to see if they had anyone local that would perform our home study or if we were going to be paying a massive travel expense for a Boise employee to come all the way to Moscow to do the home study. We are still waiting for an answer on that one which is why the Formal Application has not been sent yet. I left Friday morning for a Leadership Retreat for Premier in Loon Lake. My Premier Sisters and I spent a wonderful weekend up there.

I cannot even begin to explain what an amazing group of people I spent the weekend with. One training exercise we did… changed my life. We were given 20 minutes and we had to write down 100 dreams. We were not allowed to limit ourselves… for example anything from “I want to be on a game show” to “I want to work in an orphanage” to “I want to visit all 50 states” to “I want to pray every day” to “I want to be debt FREE” appeared on my sheet. I was amazed at all the thing I want to do and accomplish in my life. As I was writing my dreams I found out a lot about myself and was surprised by many of them. When I returned home I asked my husband to do the 100 dream exercise. I thought it would be interesting to see how similar or how very different our lists turned out to be. We have shared the first 25 with each out and many have appeared on both list. Tomorrow we will reveal the next set of 25. However, I continue to add to my list hourly. I would not be surprised if I caught my husband adding to his list in the near future. It made me smile to see how much he enjoyed the exercise especially since he was very apprehensive at first. I challenge you to write down your dreams and refer to them daily for they will help guide your life and not allow you to lose your way.

Until next time here are some words of wisdom that I heard over the weekend for a Premier Sister that will remain close to my heart forever because she taught me so much is
“God didn’t make no junk!”

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I just happened across your blog and wanted to welcome you to the AGCI family :) We just completed our adoption for our baby boy! It is a long hard process but once you have your son in your arms I promise it will be worth all the hardships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I can't wait for Dan and I to do the list exercise. Maybe this weekend? What a bonding moment! Sharing your dreams!

    Conrats on the acceptance!

    ReplyDelete