Sunday, November 24, 2013

Psalm 62:5-8

Psalm 62:5-8
Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

Anyone who knows me understands without it needing to be said- I am NOT a patient person.  Throughout this adoption process the Lord has proceeded to teach me patience.  Although it has not been easy it will completely be worth it.

We just found out that the Minister has not signed our paperwork yet.  He said that it will take almost 3 weeks before he will be able to get to it.  After that we will head to court and on average it has been taking 3-4 weeks.  Then comes the court decree which will take almost 2-3 weeks to print.  Then we will FINALLY travel.  If everything goes smoothly (yeah right) we still have to wait 10 weeks. 

Originally we were told that we would travel, worst case scenario, over Christmas.  Now we are looking at the end of January or beginning of February. I am doing my best to find the silver lining in all this but I am really struggling.  I am sick of the typical answers I get back from everyone when they hear about our situation.  "It will all be worth it"  "It is always on His timeline and you need to trust that"  "Distance makes the heart grow stronger"  I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!! It will be worth it, we trust Him and His timeline, we are grateful for the path he has chosen for our family, and regardless of distance our hearts are ALWAYS with our kids!! It does not make the waiting any easier or the disappoint of delays any less hurtful. 

I have asked a lot of adoptive families how to deal with the wait. The responses have been; go shopping for stuff for the child, organize his room, do fundraising, blog, look back on pictures and videos of your first trip, get a second job to earn a little extra money for trip number two, etc.

Check, check, check, check, check, check- I have done it all.  The wait is still killing me!! The only thing that give my heart any peace is when I am surrounded by my Lords love.  Listening to worship music, reading the word of God, sitting in Church, devouring the word of God with my fellow followers, prayer... Only when I am in those places does my heart settle, my mind stop running a million miles a minute and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

I know His timing is what is right for our family.  I trust that He will bring our family together.  The overwhelming peace I feel knowing that there are people out there praying for our son give me such comfort.  The Lord is my rock, He is my Savior, I pour my heart out to him, I trust him and it is only with Him that I find my refuge. 

As soon as we can, we will all be together.... Hold on my brave little man.  Mommy loves you more that words can say.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment